So at this point, it’s safe to say that everyone out there who social media savvy has jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon. I have to admit… I do spend my insomniac nights scrolling through mouth-wateringly delicious recipes, perfect outfits that I could never afford and very over the top wedding ideas; HOWEVER, are people getting too addicted to this social trend?
I’m re-blogging this post “13 signs you spend too much time on Pinterest,” by Jessica Malnik, PR/marketing coordinator, social media specialist and videographer. You can view her personal blog here. Also, I have to give credit to Mark Ragan’s blog, PR Daily, where I first came across the post… I have a bit of an addiction to this site and scower it hourly for new trends, tips and random tidbits (including infographics, which I’m currently obsessed with) surrounding PR, media relations and marketing.
Here’s the post!
“Pinterest is the latest social media craze. It’s especially popular with women between the ages of 18-45. Here are 13 signs that you may be a little too obsessed with the pinning site.
1. You pin at least a half dozen recipes daily, but you can’t remember the last time you cooked a real meal.
2. You’re single, but have at least 100 wedding-related pins.
3. You look aimlessly for the “scroll to top” button on Facebook.
4. You have pinned or re-pinned at least a half dozen photos of Ryan Gosling. (Side note: He’s not that cute people.)
5. You are so obsessed with creating the “picture-perfect house” on Pinterest that you can’t remember the last time you cleaned your real house.
6. Two words: electronic hoarder
7. You spend more time pinning to your weight loss inspiration board(s) than actually working out.
8. Every time you see a cool photo anywhere, you think, “To pin or not to pin.”
9. You can recite at least 50 different memes and SomeECards without hesitation.
10. You have an entire board or boards for exotic/tropical drinks recipes. But the most creative drink you’ve ever made was pouring a glass of wine.
11. Your perfect Friday night: A bottle of your favorite wine and hours upon hours to get lost on Pinterest.
12. When anyone asks what to get for your birthday, anniversary or special occasion, you direct them to your Pinterest board (with no less than 20 items) without hesitation.
13. Pinterest = your happy place. You flee there to escape reality, responsibilities and all that pesky drama on Facebook.”